“Nearly at the end of my implant treatment and I can honestly say every appointment has been carried out with experience, care , kindness and efficiency. I have thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience and now I have super teeth. Thank you Chris! ”
During people’s lives teeth may be lost due to accidents, tooth decay and gum disease. People are living longer and the loss of teeth can become uncomfortable and make functions such as eating difficult.
Dental implants are a functional and long term fixed solution to replace missing teeth. If you have lost a tooth (or a few teeth) due to injury or disease, dental implants can give you a second chance, restoring your smile and confidence.
Types of dental implants:
Implants are generally suitable for most people, no matter your age, the condition of your teeth or the number of implants you require. We can offer a number of implant solutions from single tooth cases to complex full mouth rehabilitations.
THE BENEFITS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
There are a number of benefits to dental implants;
- Once established, implants are well-fixed and strong, meaning that they do not move around, helping to bring an end to the discomfort and pain often caused by dentures.
- Dental implants help to protect the bone in your jaws from shrinking due to a lack of stimulation, which in turn can cause premature ageing of your face.
- They also help to minimise any remaining teeth from moving around or food getting stuck in gaps which can potentially cause gum disease.
- Dental implants can help to improve speech and the ability to eat.
- Depending on your needs, implants can be used to replace any number of teeth.
- Self-confidence and lifestyle can be significantly improved due to the change in appearance and ability to eat more freely.
Dental implants mimic the shape of a natural tooth. They consist of a titanium root which is placed into the bone of your jaw and a manufactured crown which is fixed on top.
Once fitted, the implant needs to establish itself over a period of 3-6 months while bone grows naturally around it- fusing it to the jaw and creating a solid base. At this point the definitive crown, bridge or denture can be fitted.
During this recovery period, a temporary restoration can be fitted as required and dentures can also be worn.
Book your consultation now!